If your personal style demands more than just outstanding bebop played under a grey pork pie hat, this crocodile is ready to announce you’ve arrived, on time, but somehow still behind the beat. It swings as hard as Basie, hits as reliably as Q, and pulls a melody lovingly along like Ella.
The OUTLAW LEONHART™ Trumpet Case was inspired through conversations we had with Michael Leonhart, long time band member and producer for Steely Dan (and seemingly everybody else). We met up one day in St. Paul, and had a cool CONVERSATION followed by a case design day. Several months later, the Leonhart Leather cases came together.
It features 1.5 to 3 inches of foam on all sides of your trumpet, and that foam is surrounded by a single piece of plastic. It’s hard to describe, because it is in between a gig bag and a hard shell case. We think it’s accurate to call it 75% hard shell and 25% bag, and most customers find it more protective than they were expecting. It should absorb many drops better, in fact, than most hard shell cases. It’s small, and extremely classy. No gig bag can compare to this gig case!
This leather is an extremely high quality croc-embossed cow hide. The red, green, turquoise, and brown all have dark undertones between the 3 dimensional crocodile textures and under the main color for a vivid style statement. The black and white tans are monotoned, while retaining the embossed pattern. This leather is only available on the Outlaw Loredo.
- Made from our highest quality croc-embossed Leonhart Leather™.
- Huge #10 YKK main zippers.
- Industry-leading ITW Nexus clips.
- Metal Hardware.
- Includes a 2 inch wide shoulder strap, with strap upgrades available (add HONCHO CONCHOS™ HERE).
- One Trumpet.
- Any and all needed mutes with the included Mute Bag.
- Room for an Arban Method and more in the included Music Pouch.
- Mouthpiece lid pocket for additional storage.
- Shoulder Strap.
- Interior Lid Pocket for Mouthpieces & Valve Oil.
- Mute Bag.
- Music Pouch.
- The OUTLAW LEONHART™ Trumpet Case is sturdy on the floor, leaving an 7.75 inch “dinner plate” footprint, and makes a GREAT trumpet stand on set breaks.
- 5.5 pounds (2.5 kilos), 21 inches tall, 7.75 inch diameter (53 cm x 19.5 cm). Flies well:
View our FLIGHT RECOMMENDATIONS
OUTLAW LEONHART™ Trumpet Case is recommended for:
- It’s a perfect case for students and professionals who want the world’s most stylish gig case for carrying one trumpet. The OUTLAW LEONHART™ offers unrivaled protection in a beautiful, light weight package.